Lime Shrimp Dragon Noodle
In honor of #NationalShrimpDay on Thursday, May 10th…I decided to cook this zesty with a kick noodle recipe. This recipe is for all of my seafood lovers and pescetarians. If cutting carbs, this would go well with zoodles instead.
Disclaimer: Although I do not eat meat or seafood, wanted to make something for the rest of the family who does. This recipe was adapted from BudgetBytes.com.
- 1 lb frozen shrimp (without tails; make sure they are peeled)
- 3 packs of Ramen noodles
- 2-3 tbsp of Sriracha (depends on the amount of heat you’d like)
- 4 tbsp lite soy sauce (lower in sodium is BEST)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp butter (Try Organic Valley Ghee)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Green onion and cilantro (to garnish)
- Thaw out shrimp by placing them in a colander and rinsing them with cool water.
- Grab the sriracha, lite soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 tbsp lime juice mix them in a bowl. Set aside.
- Grab a pot, add water to boil on high heat. Once you start to see water bubbling (or boiling), drop in all three packs of noodles. Discard or save sauce packet that comes with.
- Take out a medium (or large) sauce pan, place on burner and set to medium high heat. Add the butter and minced garlic. Cook garlic until it is soft. This takes approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Next dry (or pat) the shrimp and add them to the skillet.
- If you start to see your noodles come apart, go head and remove from heat then drain them.
- Saute shrimp until they turn pink. Add the drained noodles and the prepared sauce to the sauce pan. Toss all ingredients around until the noodles are fully coated.
- Last grab your favorite noodle bowl, add the Lime Shrimp Dragon Noodles then garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, green onions (sliced), and zest with a lime.
—PHYSICALLY UNIQUE DIVA—