The Banana Bites recipe is inspired by Food Network’s Mini Banana Beignets. This are magically delicious. Filled with potassium and protein.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Everlast Vegan Protein Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (aluminum free, low sodium)
- 1 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- *1/3 cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg (or egg replacement)
- 1/2 cup Almondmilk, unsweetened
- 1 Banana, ripe, mashed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2″ cooking oil
*You may use any sweetener of choice. This is what we used in this recipe.
- Whisk flour, protein powder, baking powder, 1/3 cup coconut sugar, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana. Once banana is mashed completely, add the egg, milk, 2 Tbs coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk together.
- Combine the banana mixture with the dry mixture. Mix together until thoroughly mixed (or moist).
- Preheat cooking oil in fry pan. You only need roughly 2″.
- Once oil is hot (or reached 375 degrees), take a rounded teaspoon of mixture and drop in grease. Cook until golden on each side. Approximately 10-15 seconds (depends on how hot your oil is).
- Remove the bites with a slotted spoon and place on a plate with paper towels. Make sure the towel soaks up any excess oil.
- You can eat them warm as is or you can create a mixture with the remaining sugar and cinnamon. If you choose to do so, take the 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon…blend well. Toss the banana bites in the cinnamon & sugar mixture while they are still warm.
- Viola. Bon Appetit!
—PHYSICALLY UNIQUE DIVA—