Spicy White Bean Tacos
Instead of having Curry over rice, why not make it a taco?! Serving 7-8 tacos.
2 Tbsp Nutiva Red Palm Oil
1-2 cans of Navy Beans, No Salt Added
1 small to medium Onion, finely chopped
2-3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Ginger, grated
2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
2 tsp. Garam Masala
2 tsp. Tumeric, ground
2 tsp. Cumin, ground
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper, Spicier? use 3/4 tsp
1-2 cups of Vegetable Broth, No Salt Added
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Coconut Creamer
Vegan or Non-Vegan Tortilla Shells
Green Onion, chopped *for garnish*
- Heat up oil in a cast iron skillet (or sauce pan) over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to skillet. Make sure to stir occasionally until the onion are transparent.
- Add the tomato paste, garam masala, tumeric, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir frequently until the the paste darkens up.
- Add the beans, vegetable broth, and coconut creamer. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. I did a pinch of salt and pepper. You can add more if desired.
- Bring to boil to thicken up sauce. You want to make sure it is a thick consistency as you are not making the typical “gravy like” curry. Once thicken, turn off heat.
- Grab tortilla shells and add one to two spoons of beans into the shell. Top with lettuce and green onion.
- Serve. C’est si bon!
—Physically Unique Diva—