Raw Red Velvet Cheesecake
This delicious deep red cheesecake is made with raw cashews, pecans, and dates. Making it a nutritious treat you wouldn’t dare miss out on eating. Hope you Lovelies enjoy it as much as we did.
For the Crust
- 2 cups pecans, unsalted
- 2 cups medijool dates, pitted
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
For the Filling
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked, drained
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2/3 cup Nutiva Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp beet powder
- Soak the cashews in water overnight, or until soft or most of the water gone.. Drain the water and set aside.
- Place the pecans and sea salt in a high speed blender (with grind setting otherwise use a food processor) and ‘grind’ roughly. Add the dates and process until the mixture is uniform and sticks together. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of a 9” glass pie pan or springform pan.
- Use a high speed blender to blend cashews, Himalayan salt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, & maple syrup thoroughly, until silky smooth.
- Add raw cacao and beet powder into the mixture, and blend.
- Spread the red velvet mixture over the “pie crust”. Place the cheesecake into the freezer and let it sit for two hours or longer before slicing and serving.
—Physically Unique Diva—