French Onion Sandwich
The sandwich is great for a Beef broth Soup or Vegan mock Beef Broth Soup. We’ve also tried it with our Cream of Asparagus soup. One word, DELECTABLE!
- 2 tbs of Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 2 large Sweet Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbs Vegetable Broth
- Ciabatta loaf cut into 4, then sliced in half
- Gruyere Cheese, or Vegan substitute
- Preheat oven to 250-300 degrees. *Just hot enough to melt the cheese at the end.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan (or skillet) on med-low heat. Add your slice onions.
- Cook onions down until caramelized, or darker golden color.
- Add the thyme, Himalayan salt, and black pepper to taste then stir. Take a tablespoon of vegetable broth and pour a little at a time until is in the pan (or skillet). Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions have soaked up most of the liquid.
- Take the ciabatta loaf cut it into 4s and then slice each one in half. Toast the bread.
- Take a oven safe plate (or saucer) place the bottom have on plate. Add the French Onion mixture and top with cheese.
- Place the plate in the middle and let it stay in there until cheese is melted.
- Take plate out of oven (don’t forget your mitten). Top each sandwich with the top half and serve.
***This sandwich is great with a liquid broth soup and we’ve experienced it with Cream of Asparagus Soup.***
—Physically Unique Diva—